About Beeghly College of Education
Check us out at Youngstown State University's Beeghly College of Education website.
The Beeghly College of Education serves Northeast Ohio, Western Pennsylvania and beyond as a premier provider of programs that prepare teachers, counselors, educational administrators and practitioners, as well as providing developmental education programs to the YSU community.
The Beeghly College of Education, within our conceptual framework Reflection in Action, is dedicated to
The faculty of the Beeghly College of Education will prepare reflective practitioners who exemplify our conceptual framework, Reflection in Action:
- The College will become a model of excellence for infusing rigorous scientifically-based research, democratic philosophy, and theory into our professional programs.
- The College is committed to integrating state and national standards and mandates into our programs.
- The College will become a leader in technologically enhanced instruction.
- The faculty members will be valued contributors across local, state, national, and international communities in teaching, service and scholarship.
- The faculty, staff and students will demonstrate the valuing of human diversity across age, race, class, gender, culture, ethnicity, disability and lifestyle preference.
- The BCOE faculty and staff will demonstrate vigilance toward the real-world professional needs of our clients and their institutions and will aggressively provide candidates relevant and meaningful learning opportunities to meet those needs.
- The BCOE will proactively monitor progress toward the ideals of its vision using evidence-based decision making for program evaluation and program change.